In lieu of Saturday classes, the Art Museum offers summer camps inspired by our summer exhibitions. In each three-day camp, children will tour the current exhibitions and create a work of art inspired by the exhibiting artists’ work. Summer Camps fill up quickly and space is limited.
This year, our KidsArt summer camps have been modified to protect students and staff from COVID-19. Your child’s health and safety are important to us. The following procedures will be followed to protect your child:
• Registration is limited to 7 students per camp
• Car-line drop-off and pick-up only
• Students and education staff are to wear masks per Museum policy
• Students will be seated 6 feet apart
• Students will have their own set of camp supplies provided by the Museum
• Students are to bring snack and beverage from home
• All surfaces and supplies will be disinfected daily
• There will be no reception for parents at the end of each camp session
KidsArt summer camp | Hear Her Roar
Tuesday, August 4 – Thursday, August 6, 2020 | 1-4 pm
$50/members | $60/non-members
This fun-filled camp will begin with a tour of the Museum’s exhibitions celebrating women in art followed by an engaging art-making experience in the studio. Inspired by an installation on view, children will create large-scale, 3D portraits of women who have positively impacted their lives. The children will curate a collaborative installation using the portraits.
Contact our Education Coordinator to register:
© 2016 Franklin G. Burroughs • Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum
Myrtle Beach’s Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum strives to be one of the finest visual arts museums in the Carolinas. With 11 galleries that change throughout the year, Myrtle Beach’s only art museum offers exhibitions featuring paintings, textiles, sculpture, photography, video, ceramics, assemblage, collage and more. A visit to the Art Museum’s exhibitions can be enhanced by its lively programming, including artist receptions, tours, lectures, workshops and classes for both adults and children.